What Makes a Player widget Special for Blogger
Blogger comes with standard functionality for creating picture perfect blogs with ease and almost without coding. It’s geared specifically for those who want to get maximum from their website. Apart from simple functionality, Blogger provides users with an opportunity to add any dynamic tools from social feeds to players. This is exactly what anyone from musicians to record collectors need.
Number one Audio Player for Blogger
To establish a solid online presence, you’ll need to diversify your website content with dynamic elements. Whether you are a professional web developer or an amature musician, Elfsight Music Player will come in handy.
I’m a big fan of Elfsight for they have created tons of widgets for any kind of website, including Blogger. Their tools are beginner-friendly and cross-platform which means you can place any of your instruments to any website builder. Elfsight Music Player has everything you need – catchy design, number of features to be added, and online visual editor with abundant functionality.
Here are some other amazing features that might have merit for you:
- Option to upload audio files in any popular format: HLS (m3u8), DASH (mpd), mp3, mp4, ogv, webm.
- Support for numerous sources for adding music compositions by URL: SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Vista, Amazon, Google Drive and many more.
- Ready-made templates for all imaginable occasions.
- Opportunity to set a catchy cover photo.
- A color scheme that you may customize with ease.
- Floating and embedding layouts provide you complete flexibility over your music creations.
- All of the functionality of a standard player, including autoplay, player information, player controls, and the ability to mix and repeat compositions, are available.
You can try out even more amazing perks of the widget, here, on this page. You’ll undoubtedly create an online player widget which will be difficult for visitors to ignore.
After you make sure that you can push your skills and talent over and beyond with the right player, you should learn how to embed it on a Blogger website. Below, you’ll find brief instructions for any method of adding a player you choose. Let’s go!
How to add a Player to a Blogger website
If you choose to use Elfsight and create your player there, you’ll get two lines of installation code and nothing more. To add your player to the Blogger website, you need to know where to place these lines on your website. It’s easy and doesn’t require any programming skills.
You can embed the player widget on a single page, on chosen ones, or you can add it to all pages within a website template. In addition, you have an opportunity to add the music player by means of GTM (or Google Tag Manager). I’m going to tell you about this option later in this article.
How to embed a Music Player on a single Blogger page
Blogger provides an option to paste custom code (or widget’s installation code) to the web page. Here’s how you can do it in the dashboard:
- Create your widget and fill it with mp3 files in Elfsight Apps.
- Copy installation code.
- Log into the Blogger Admin Panel.
- Go to “Pages” and select the required page.
- Press the “HTML” button to open the page’s HTML editor.
- Next, paste the player’s code to the HTML Source Editor window.
- Press “Update”.
Repeat these steps for all the pages where you need to present the player.
How to add the music widget to Blogger
First of all, you need to create a widget at Elfsight Apps: add audio files in mp3, for example, customize design, and so on.
- Log into your Blogger Admin Panel
- Go to the “Theme” section
- Click on the “Dots” icon
- Select “Edit HTML”.
- Find the “Body” tag
- Paste your installation code right after “Div Class”.
- The most common use-case is to display the widget at the end of the page, above the footer.
- Save the changes.
After completing these steps, you’ll see the music widget on your Blogger website. Your users will be happy to interact with it and listen to your selection of masterpieces.
How to add a Music Player with the help of a GTM
As you already know, to place an Elfsight Audio Player on your Blogger site, you need to place two lines of installation code there. Google Tag Manager, or GTM, is a third-party means, allowing website owners to add custom code even if there’s no such opportunity. Here’s how you can use it on Blogger:
- Create a widget in Elfsight Apps and fill it with mp3 audio files.
- Go to your Google Tag Manager account and sign in (or create one).
- Select ‘Custom HTML’ to create a new HTML tag.
- The first line of the installation code should be copied and pasted into the newly formed tag.
5 useful tips for your Player as a bonus
Now for the main dish! Your free Player widget by Elfsight can increase conversions, enhance engagement, and improve your Blogger website’s SERP rankings. Here are some of the most helpful hints for making your mp3 music content the cornerstone of your website.
- Make it adaptable
No matter what device your visitor is using, whether it’s a PC with a huge screen or an old smartphone, – everyone should see your online music player at its best. It should be clickable, nothing should hide behind the edge of a screen. What is more, you should always remember about the fold (which is the first glimpse of a website before a visitor scrolls).
Tip: if your audio files are at the core of a web page, you’d better put it somewhere closer to the fold.
- Insert several audio files in playlist
People love your music. So why not place more than one composition in your playlist? Time spent by your visitors on a website is one of the crucial metrics of your success. The longer people stay on your website, the more Google and other search engines appreciate it and place higher in the SERP. But don’t go crazy and don’t attach too many compositions to the player. The best practice here is to diversify your content and throw in more multimedia elements.
- Create several playlists for different modes
One of the most wide-spread practices is to have light and dark modes of the website. Dark mode reduces the strain on users’ eyes, also, it reduces battery consumption. You can create a player in dark colors to support this design tendency!
- Attract attention to the player with visual cues
In the backdrop of your music player, place a photo. Add an image of a lovely primeval rainforest or a person exercising yoga to draw customers’ attention. An intriguing visual will not only capture visitors’ interest to the player, but it will also significantly improve the style of your website. With this simple feature, the player will certainly become an essential part of your site; moderates it however you like!
- Keep it minimalistic
Don’t overload your music player on a website, especially if the playlist is small and compact. Too many controls will frighten users, and they will not use the player the way you wish. There’s also a chance that they’ll ignore it entirely.
Hooray! Your player is ready!
From now on your website visitors will be able to enjoy wonderful compositions and nice player design. Your Blogger site about anything related to music will draw a lot of attention to itself, and you’ll be able to increase engagement and satisfaction with ease. Anyway, give the Audio Player a try and leave all the troubles to Elfsight and Blogger.