How to embed Player widget on Blogger website
Online Audio Player widget is among the best ways to keep users engaged with your website content. Having a player with an awesome playlist will add value to your website content and will make it more attractive for the audience. In case you’ve decided to enhance your Blogger website with some music feature, you can use this simple guide to do it. Now let’s break down what is a player widget, which way you can add it to your site and what obstacles can you face while embedding it to your Blogger website or blog.
What is Player widget
Elfsight Audio Player is a free-to-use widget feature that allows website users and owners to playback audio tracks on any page of the Blogger website. The widget has quite a broad array of functional traits, for example, you are not limited in the number of audio tracks to add, there are plenty of audio formats available – from mp3 to DASH, and of course there’s an option to create a playlist according to your taste.
Let’s see the most interesting player’s features in more detail:
- You can create your own color scheme for the player widget.
- There’s an autoplay option which you can switch on in order for your users to start listening to your playlist just as they land on your Blogger site.
- You can add a background image to the player.
- You are free to add audio tracks by URL or directly from your device.
- There’s a possibility to use a professionally designed template in case you don’t have time or simply can’t create the music player that will match your website in terms of style.
You can get to know all the music widget’s features right on this page. And now let’s see some pros your website gets with the Music player widget added.
Pros and cons of Player widget for your Blogger website
Of course, when you think about adding a Music player to your Blogger website, you cannot ignore various important points. Let’s take a closer look at what benefits an Audio widget can provide to your website, and what disadvantages it brings as well, so that you can have the most complete understanding of this tool before embedding it into your website.
The benefits you get from adding a music widget to your website:
- Audio widget sets the scene. If you’re an owner of a lifestyle blog, a music portfolio website, a sports site or even the wedding blog – a music widget can create a special atmosphere provoking the emotions you want your users to have.
- Music widget can uplevel the engagement of your audience. As well as the music in the games used to draw the players and served as one more tool to entertain them, the well thought-out playlist can serve the same goal on your Blogger website.
- A well-designed playlist can help you express your message more clearly. You are free to use the player in order to broadcast not only interesting music, but also podcast episodes that are devoted to the topic you are interested in.
- You can make a profit off your music. If a music player widget offers some marketing options, you can even use it to make money. Simply embed the player on your website and start selling a new album you’ve recorded recently.
Of course, music player on a Blogger website can be treated badly by the audience, especially if the music is loud and annoying, or if you abuse the autoplay function. Here are some pros a music player can bring to your website:
- Misusing the music widget can be intrusive. If a user visits a website that has an autoplay option while listening to their music on headphones, they may not like it. Apply this option to the music player wisely and don’t overuse it.
- Not every browser can support multimedia content. That’s why your well thought-out visual and audio design may conflict with them and your thoughtful idea of including a music player will fail.
- Many sites just don’t need a music player. Regardless of how cool it may seem to you, the music player should be embedded on the site very carefully and only if it is really necessary. If you add it to your Blogger website pages simply because you think you are captivating your audience in this way, you might be disappointed.
After weighing the pros and cons, you now know that simply adding a music player to your Blogger website will not work – it must be a deliberate decision. Although online players are becoming more and more ubiquitous and users cannot imagine a day without streaming music, an audio widget is not for everyone. But if you still made the decision to add it to your Blogger site, let’s move on to the installation instructions.
Adding the Music Player to Blogger website
There are several ways to embed the Music Player to Blogger website. For instance, you can do it with the help of the widget. For instance, you can choose the Elfsight Online Audio Player, which will grant you with some benefits:
- You won’t need to learn programming if you need to build your Online Audio Player.
- Lots of professionally designed templates will give you useful concepts for your audio widget.
- You’ll be able to build the player without any assistance, without a need to hire a skilled programmer and without bothering about the widget’s proper functioning.
- The widget can be assessed immediately in an active demo.
Now let’s discover some ways how you can add the online audio tool to your Blogger site to present playlists with different audio files – from songs to podcasts – to your audience.
Use the Audio widget
In case you’ve decided to use the Elfsight Audio Player to enhance your website’s functionality, you are free to add it to the Blogger website in a few clicks – the installation is quite simple and won’t require any additional skills, and of course you won’t have to code. So, to embed the music widget with cool playlist to your website, follow these steps:
- First thing you’ll need to get in order to add the audio widget to your Blogger website – the widget’s installation code.
- Log in to your Elfsight account cnd click on the name of the app you need to install on the Applications tab.
- Select Add to website option next to the name of the widget you need to embed to your Blogger website. A popup window will appear where you’ll see the installation code of your Online Audio widget.
- Open your Blogger website admin panel, click Pages and then select the page where you need to add the audio widget to.
- Switch from Compose to HTML mode, and put your installation code you’ve copied before and click Update.
- The audio widget has been successfully added to your Blogger website!
Sometimes it happens that there is no homepage in the Pages section of your Blogger admin panel. So, if you still need your audio widget with some awesome playlist composed of mp3 tracks there, here’s a guide you have to follow to embed it:
- Log in to your Blogger admin panel, find the theme your website uses and then click Edit HTML.
- Find the </body> tag, place the installation code of your Audio Player before it, and add tag <b:if cond=’data:view.isHomepage’> before it. Place tag </b:if> right after the installation code.
- Save the changes.
Now that you know how to add the Music Player to your blogger website, you might come up with a question: how to make it appear on all website’s pages so that users could enjoy your mp3 or other audio files selection any time without searching for some particular page when they want to listen to music. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open your Blogger admin panel. Find the theme your website uses and then select Edit HTML.
- You will be redirected to the theme editing page. Find the <body> tag and paste your installation code right after <div class>.
- Save the changes.
- Done! Your Audio Playlist tool has been successfully added to your Blogger website.
There are also some other ways to add the Audio tool to your Blogger website in order to present your awesome playlist and mp3 tracks. You can do it with the help of Google Tag Manager.
How to add Online Player to website with GTM
There are quite a few CMS or website builders that ban embedding custom HTML in order to integrate some widgets. And although Blogger is not one of them, you can still be not really sure about your working with code skills. In case you are not confident of your coding abilities, Google has created a tool named Google Tag Manager or GTM that can help you to embed the online player with mp3 or any other tracks to your site without any effort. All you have to do to start using the Music Player widget on your website is to make a tag for your site and attach some dynamic content.
And these are the guidelines you have to follow if you want to add online Player widget to your Blogger website by means of the GTM:
- Log in or sign up to your Google Tag Manager account.
- Create a new tag, select ‘Custom HTML’.
- Put the first line of the Online Audio player widget’s installation code to the created tag.
- Add a trigger and the tag to your Blogger website.
- Save your tag and publish the changes.
- Done! The Online Player will soon be available to your website’s audience.
Simple as that! Now you see how to apply GTM if you want to have your website enhanced with an online Music player.